Yesterday I had a busy day by myself. I took the tube to Harrods.
Oh my gosh, it's overwhelming. I know I've used that descriptive word quite often during this blog, but it's totally true. Harrods is bigger than Macy's in NYC! OK, so the layout is stupid and confusing, even for me who has a good sense of direction. Some things that I didn't know about Harrods is that they also have food....a meat department as well as a grocery department. You can buy some apples for 10.20 pounds per pound (that sounded funny didn't it?). Yeah right!! I didn't go over to the meat department, I just saw it and quickly clicked this photo.
They have a Christmas FLOOR. I overheard someone say that it's there all year long. I found a black Christmas tree for my daughter in law. Only 89 pounds, not that much different than Pier 1, and it's smaller.
Then I took a walk to where my favorite niece used to live. I wanted to see the footsteps she took everyday and where she lived. I even thought I was hallucinating and saw her...
Hyde Park and Prince Albert Theater. What a beautiful place to live Elizabeth!!!! I'm envious that you had that opportunity!! I'm looking for a job abroad if anyone is hiring, they would, however, need to pay me enough not only to work, but also enough to live with enough $$ leftover to bring my family over to visit. That may prove to be challenging. ugh!!
So, the Book of Mormon. I'd give it a strong C. It was kind of funny but not roll on the floor funny. The setting of the play didn't really make sense for Mormon's and could've been different and then it would've been even more funny. For those of you who haven't seen it but want to, I won't do a spoiler alert. Mormon's definitely have different beliefs, and are tied to more rules. They have a lot, in my opinion stupid, rules that Catholics have. Glad we're all different though, it keeps life interesting, and gives us something else to contemplate.
Today we're on our way home. I didn't get to do a lot of the things I wanted to do, but they were all day trips....maybe next time.
For those of you who forgot that we were 6, 7, 8, an 9 hours ahead, depending on what country I was in, and depending on what state you are in. Thank you for texting in MY middle of the night. That's OK, I totally understood that it's hard to think about it's night for me when it's day for you.
We're leaving in 30 minutes for Heathrow to Chicago, then on to Phoenix. We arrive in Phoenix at 7:04 pm (Phoenix time). I'll let y'all know when I arrive.
It's been fun, and a whirlwind, but I wouldn't have it any other way! The wifi has been challenging, and it's not been fun blogging from my phone....but I'm glad I did!
Everything was fun, profound, intersting, and exciting all on the same trip, I'm so glad I came!!
See you later.....Over and out!
XOXO Mom/Cyn








Busy up until the last minute... True fashion for you!!! I'm guilty of calling late once.... Oops!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete