It did rain all day, but hey, I was in London, and I had an umbrella and a raincoat....should've had more weather appropriate shoes though. Oh well, of course I had others to change into.
Buckingham Palace was really beautiful, and it was was kind of surreal standing in the same spot of some memorable happenings that I had seen on television, the most recent was, of course, the kiss of William and Kate after their wedding. Yep, I saw that balcony with my own eyes from both outside and went into the room that the balcony was in. On the tour, it focused more on the Queen and Kings from years past, the artwork and statues and their origination, the crystal chandaliers, the Queen's wardrobe, and how an event is planned. We couldn't take pictures, but we did have a sweet treat in the cafe afterwards. I had my first scone and clotted cream in London at Buckinham Palace (it was dry and heavy, and not very good, and it had raisins that I had to pick out!)
Later that night we took a double decker bus tour and I saw this in a window, I'm not sure what the place was, but I'm assuming it had something to do with printing.
The Thompson competed with the Heidelberg...for Lipincot Printing, the Heidelberg won. If you want to know something about the Thompson, just ask Josh, he probably knows.
Among all of the historical architecture, some dating back to the Midevil time, sits some more contemporary buildings
Our dinner cruise was absolutely perfect! I texted back and forth with Lizzy so I got to share a little bit of it as it was happening with her. That was cool, and warmed my heart even further. By the time the 2 hour cruise started (glad it didn't turn out like Gilligan's cruise!) it had stopped raining. The boat had floor to ceiling windows wich afforded us with the most panoramic views, and of course we got the best front corner window ($$$$) table.We were greeted with a bottle of champagne, white linen, and our own personal waitstaff. The music was live jazz and was equally as good as the view and service. When I grow up I want to sing on a river boat dinner cruise on the Thames. I could totally rock it!
Today is a glorious day, the sun is waving at us and playing hide-n-seek with the clouds, still a bit chilly (actually it's cold!), so I think I'll go to Harrods (or a Dollar General!) and find some gloves.
Have a wonderful day, be kind and nice to one another and remember to smile at someone you encounter. Most of our parents paid a lot of money for our smiles so we might as well show them off!
Love you,
Mom/Cyn













You look so pretty! And I miss you! Tower of London looks awesome at night. Great pics!
ReplyDeleteYou got some REALLY great pictures!
ReplyDelete