When you're on a Viking cruise, you're taken care of very well. We had preopening Lourve tickets so we were admitted before all of the "commoners" showed up.
The inverted pyramid on the inside of the Lourve. Below is one of the actual Sphinx
I wish I had something in front of it to put the size in perspective.
Same with the Venus her/him self. Venus is actually a hermaphidite with female breasts and male private parts. That's why the face is indistinguishable. Here is the front an back of Venus
Of couse you can't go to the Louvre without seeing the Winged Victory, which is used in ad campaigns such as Nike and the recognizable hood ornament from Royls Royce.

My last picture for you is of the smiling lady herself.....yes, I AM in the front row, thanks to Viking and the early admittance.
Here is another direction.There are, of course, many, many more important and equally priceless works of art, but these are the ones I really needed to see.
The Palace of Versailles was beyond gigantic. The Palace is ittself is crazy large, but the gardens were even more large. I wish we would have had less time in the Palace and more time to stroll through the gardens. Once again, if my daughter in law ever needs a job, I know where she can apply!
My personal favorite, was the Queen's garden, but I was so busy looking at the beautiful soft pink flowers of all varieties that I didn't get a picture so you'll just have to take my word for it that in my opinion, it was the best.
On the way out of the Louvre I purchased a few things from the Crown Jewel collection. One for Cami, one for Shannon, one for Elizabeth and one for Ava May....I hope you like them!
I hope you like them! Shannon, the crown is yours, I hope you'll wear it everyday (LOLOLOLOL!!) Cami's is the emerald necklace and earrings to match her yes, and Elizabeth gets the blue sapphire and diamons, because she deserves a tiara, and last but not least, for Ava May, my precious, pricelss granddaughter, gets the largest diamond in France.
I'm on the chunnel right now and almost to London. More to come.
PS. I also took a picture of Raphaell, Josh's favorite ninga turtel, however he didn't quite look the same so I'm not posting it.
Love you all!!!


















I love reading your posts!!! Those gardens are absolutely gorgeous! I'll have to bite the bullet and wear avas ring till she's a little older. Lol!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts!!! Those gardens are absolutely gorgeous! I'll have to bite the bullet and wear avas ring till she's a little older. Lol!
ReplyDelete